Abstract submission will open on November 4th 2019 (GMT+1) via the link below:
Those people wishing to present at the conference are encouraged to submit an abstract.
The content of the presentation should report novel insights from fundamental and interdisciplinary research in the following disciplines:
- systems biology
- plant physiology
- plant pathology
- food safety
- sensory science
- modelling, and
- technologies for nondestructive testing.
Information regarding abstracts:
- New and emerging researchers are encouraged to submit as a large number of speaking opportunities exist in the program.
- Commercial advertising and endorsement is to be avoided in all abstracts and presentations.
- Abstracts that describe considerable processing of horticultural crops beyond refrigeration, packaging and minimal processing will not be considered.
- Abstracts should be in English and approximately 300 words in a single paragraph and include the key findings and conclusions of the work.
- A submitted abstract may be later returned to the author for corrections and if not improved and re-submitted by the deadline, the abstract could be rejected.
- Presenting authors will be limited to a maximum of 2 presentations at the conference and possibly 1 if demand is high.
- It’s important to note that registration of a presenting author will be required by Aug 31st for any presentation to be included in the scientific program. No abstract will be included in the conference book without registration.
Length of talks – A point to note regarding abstract and content. As noted elsewhere we are aiming to do things “a little differently” in this conference. Thus there will be a variety of lengths of talks with talk+question times as follows:
- On acceptance of the abstract, the duration of talk will be communicated to the author.
For ISHS Individual members, the abstract submission fee is fully waived. If the presenting author does not have a valid ISHS user account, an abstract submission fee will be charged by ISHS. You can become an ISHS member here: http://www.actahort.org/members/newmember which will also entitle the submitter to a lower ISHS member registration fee.
Please see Guidelines for Contributors for more information.